Liebster – German word for; beloved, sweetheart, dearest.
The Liebster Award is a blogging award which encourages bloggers to show love and raise awareness for newer bloggers. It’s such a heartwarming movement and we’re so happy to have been nominated.
As part of the nomination we have to do the following (thanks Hipstorical for the rules!) :
- Thank the person/blog who nominated you and post a link to their blog on your blog.
- Display the award on your blog. This can be done by including it in your post and/or displaying it using a widget (note: the best way to do this is to save the image to your own computer and then upload it to your blog/post).
- Answer the 10 questions about yourself that your nominating blogger chooses for you.
- Nominate blogs that you feel deserve the award. These must be new bloggers (less than two years blogging) who have fewer than 1000 followers.
- Create a list of questions for your nominated bloggers to answer.
- List these rules in your post (feel free to cut & paste!)
- Inform the blogs that you nominated that they have been awarded the award and provide a link for them to your post so that they can learn about it.
A huge thank you to MidgetgemBina for our nomination for this great blogging award – you can check her amazing blog out here – she is an honest and creative blogger, so we’re grateful that this award has brought Bina’s blog to our attention too!
- Where was your favourite childhood holiday destination and why?
Turkey – this was my first holiday and is the one that made me realise there is a whole world outside of the UK! I was in awe of the weather, the buildings and the culture.
- When did you start blogging and why?
I started blogging in October 2016. We had finally settled in Dubai and decided it would be a great way of keeping family and friends updated on our journey, but also let others know what life in Dubai is like! We also wanted to give support to soon-to-be and new expats, with information we needed when we moved.
- What food or smell makes you nostalgic and why?
This is a difficult one! I’d have to say the smell of Fish and Chips! I mean there are great food places in Dubai but nothing beats a chip butty from an East End Chippy!!!
- What has been your most frustrating travel / life experience?
I have to say the visa process hasn’t been easy moving from the UK to Dubai and has been the only real frustration I’ve had to experience travelling.
- Has anyone in particular inspired your blog or blog posts?
As soppy as it is, hubby has been my inspiration to a lot of the blogs… lol! I’m trying hard to sway away from the mushy loved up blogs!!
- What makes you happy?
My hubby’s smile (LOL), my cuttttttte nephew, my girlfriends and my cat Chico!
- If you could live anywhere in the world where would it be?
Hmmmm another difficult one – I have no idea! I feel like I’d want to spend some time living in a lot of countries, Jamaica is definitely top of that list!
- What are your 3 favourite books or films?
I have one fave book – Reclaim Your Heart by Yasmin Mogahead.
My three fave films change A LOT lol but currently they are – Gone in 60 Seconds, The Blind Side and John Q.
- Where would you like to be in 5 years time?
I honestly don’t mind as long as hubby and I are both healthy and have some healthy kids!!! Deffo would like to see hubby succeed with his vlogs! Would be so interesting to read this in 5 years time lol!
- If you were made world leader, what would be the first thing you’d do?
Make sure the third world and war torn countries get all the help they really need to become sustainable and build their own economy.
ExpatPanda – I totally love the blog entries and I’m all for exploring views of situations that are different to ours! ExpatPanda gives a great inside to life as an independent strong woman living in Kuwait!
hannahelizasite – An inspirational blog by a lady who shares her life struggles yet remains so positive and grateful! Definitely worth reading. Thank you for being inspirational!
Our Wondrous Journey – A great informative blog which covers a range of topics but in particular I love how this blogger discusses homeschooling and mental well-being!
FromYorkshire2u – A fun mummy blog – I love how this mummy blogs about places she’s been to and details the cost and other information which really helps to plan your own kiddy days out!
My questions for nominated bloggers:
- What were your worries, if any, about blogging your life?
- If you could live the life of anyone in the world for one day, who would it be and why?
- What one thing would you change in the world and why?
- What is your best quality?
- What is your favourite international dish to eat?
- Is there an embarrassing TV programme you love to watch?
- If you could travel to any place in the world where would you be?
- What’s the craziest thing you have ever done in life?
- Where is your favourite place to write up a blog?
- What is your favourite inspirational quote?
Thank you again to MidgetgemBina for the nomination!